Motivation for students to participate
• Discover entrepreneurship basics in the 6G context: Understand the value of entrepreneurial thinking and get to know some basic concepts like innovation, value proposition canvas, pitching your research idea and much more.
• Learn from the experts: TUM Venture Labs are the launching pad for deep-tech innovations and UnternehmerTUM is one of the leading centers for innovation and start-ups in Europe – we turn vision into value.
• Gain real-life insights: Profit from interesting insights provided by start-ups, industry experts and industry partners.
• Enhance your CV: most of the employers are looking for talents with entrepreneurship and business know-how. Prove your skills with this learning journey on entrepreneurship.
• Enjoy learning: enjoy the final networking event and exchange with other PhD candidates to build your network inside TUM, UnternehmerTUM and TUM Venture Labs.
The Entrepreneurship Module is a web-based, self-paced training designed for PhD students in the 6G environment. The module consists of several dedicated sessions:
1. From Research to Business
2. Entrepreneurial Thinking / Entrepreneurial Mindset
5. Presenting ideas (Empathy and Storytelling, Pitching)
In this 8-week learning journey with an average time invest of ~2.5h per week, PhD candidates get insights into the similarities of research and business, the advantages and peculiarities of entrepreneurial thinking, innovation in practice, problem-solution-fit and presenting work effectively and with confidence. The learning content is embedded in an industry-specific context.
A networking event will be facilitated at the end of the course.